NUMBERS ON VIOLENCE IN LATIN AMERICA
SOME OF OUR MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF 2020
Despite the severe consequences of the Pandemic last year, we are pleased to say that we made it! Regardless the long lockdown in the country and all the restrictions to fight the COVID19 spreading, we kept providing our services online and even personally in many required cases.
Considering that our health and economy are the main victims of the Coronavirus, we tried to help the most unprivileged families providing them with food and basic items for hygiene; we are happy to have served to more than 600 families in extreme poverty with 20.000 eggs, 5000 Kg. of groceries such as rice, flour, sugar, oil, noodles and 1500 L. of sanitizer and liquid soap.
2020 has also brought us some good times, we have been honored by the Bolivian National Parliament “Asamblea Legislativa Plurinacional de Bolivia” that gave us a recognition for our social endeavors aiming to reduce and prevent violence.
We have also been honored by the Regional Parliament of Cochabamba “Asamblea Legislativa Departamental de Cochabamba” that recognized our organization’s founder and president Daniela Valdivia as one of the “Women of 2020” “Mujeres del 2020” due to her devoutness to eradicate violence against women in our country.
Huellas & Futuro's main goal is to eliminate domestic violence in order to ensure that other evils in society will also be eradicated. Therefore, we understand that extreme poverty can trigger episodes of domestic violence, hence, Huellas & Futuro, thanks to the support of BASAID, together with several volunteers, donors and with the logistics of the ECEM Cochabamba from the Armed Forces, it is reaching more than 200 families in the Karakara area of Cochabamba, with food baskets for approximately 1 month, aiming to protect mainly the health of more than 400 children mitigating the malnutrition rates of the region, avoiding potential spread of COVID19 due to displacement in search of food and preventing eventual acts of domestic violence.
WE WANT TO REACH EVERYBODY
In these difficult times we would like to know how everyone is, hence, we have developed this questionnaire for Spanish speakers in order to know if anybody is going through episodes of violence, it takes only 3 minutes to answer it. If you know anybody that you think that could be in danger, please forward this form through any digital means and we promise you to do our best to help effectively.
Times of COVID-19
It is important that during quarantine you know how to take care of your physical health but also your emotional well-being, here are some tips to help you out:
• Try not to get intoxicated with the devastating news from the whole world, it is good to be informed but it is not necessary to exaggerate.
• Try to have an active routine at least from Monday to Friday, inactivity could lead to depression.
• If you feel anxiety or loneliness, communicate with the people you trust, talk about your concerns and don't hold back.
• Find a way to entertain yourself individually or with the family, board games and good reading are recommended.
• Look for new free ways to learn topics of your interest in the internet, there are endless convenient options to train in any area
• Eat a balanced menu composed of fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins, a complete diet is a way to strengthen the immune system.